First and foremost for all of you who know, I recently had my heart broken by "J". I have been a bit unsocial, but after praying about it, I understand I need to move on no matter how I feel. Thank you all who have supported me these past five weeks and have endured my sad days and nights. Well things turn around on dime ladies. This past Friday I was asked by a friend of mine, to go and help her support her boyfriend, who is in a local band. For those of you who know me, understand that when the clock strikes 9:00pm,I am in bed ready to turn on, one of my many men."Rabbit, Mr Darcy, Mc Steamy, Mc Dreamy and my all time favorite doctor "House". And when I feel so inclined, I entertain one of my bad boys, either a "Shark or a Jet", those "West Side" boys really make me sing!!
Trying to be a good friend, I found myself in a near by town at a place called "The Rock". (lesson #1, note to self, investigate the establishment) Now being a christian woman that I am, having no experience, had to inquire about the dress code. I was informed that it was unnecessary for me to "dress up". So I took it upon myself to put on a benign outfit, you know the kind that allows you to not be seen. Black turtle neck, blue denim jeans, black boots, hair pulled back in a sophisticated pony tail. I looked good, not too good, but good.
As we approached the building you could hear the piercing of the lead guitar and feel the vibrations of the drums being stroked with their melodic rhythm. Instantly your tympanum membrane starts to go into overload as it's trying to recover from the overwhelming force of air, that transmits the sound to your middle ear.(lesson #2 purchase ear plugs) The first two bands were not that bad for someone who is not a fan of metal rock. I am not sure however, if its because of their talents or if it's because I have been conditioned by my 19 year old's musical selection.
After hearing my friends band play, which by the way was several hours later and past my bedtime. We were saying our congratulations and goodbyes to the band members. We made our way back stage and found two of the band members packing up the equipment. A member of the band is sitting on the coffee table staring at me. Now I'm not sure how long it was, but it was enough time for me to realize that I couldn't continue to ignore him. He leans towards me and says" did you have fun tonight?" I, trying to be polite and not offend said " yeah". Hoping that would suffice the need for conversation. He then continues to speak by telling me he was watching me and noticed I didn't crack a smile the whole time I was there. Shocked and a little stumped for words (I know right)I managed to mumble out "what"
He then stretches out his hand, making bunny fingers and grabs my nose as if he were going to perform a magic trick. Again thinking if I didn't make eye contact and continue to "ignore" this would all go away. However I am here to tell you, that was only the beginning. All of a sudden, in a blink of an eye this man chest butts me. The force was powerful enough to press me up against a wall. At that moment all I could think about was an escape route. My eyes were scanning the room, looking for the neon exit sign, or a window to jump out of. Realizing that I am confined to a small room located behind a stage where rock music was blaring. If there was a need for a rescue, who would help me?
Trying not to look like this was bothering me (again in denial) I just smiled and moved toward my friend. Thinking the worse was over, we were heading out the door and the same man gives me "the hug". Yes people you know what type of hug. The type where his arms are wrapped tightly around your neck and upper back. Embarrassing you as if you were long time lovers entangled in the dance of desire. This was a little too intimate for me, I don't even know this man. Its sad to say I took comfort in the fact that he was so loaded,(and I mean with alcohol, not the occasional outbursts of flatulence)he might pass out, at which time I would carefully step over his lifeless body.
Finally were were outside, braving the artic night air, that only Minnesota can bring. I must say, just when you are feeling a little low and unattractive, head on over to your local music venue. A few minutes of being "felt up" can really lift your spirits,lol.
Thanks for reading:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment